If you receive a bomb threat over the telephone, take these actions:
1. Stay calm. Pay close attention to details.
2. Take notes. Try to get the following information from the caller:
- Who are you?
- Why are you doing this?
- What time is the bomb set to explode?
- What does it look like?
- Who else have you told?
- What is your organization?
- Where has the bomb been placed?
- What type of bomb is it?
- Where are you calling from?
3. Have a co-worker or another person dial 911 using another phone.
4. Write information down as the caller says it and have co-worker relay information to the police.
5. Try to keep the caller on the phone. Listen for any background noises, voice inflection or accents, and anything else that would help determine the origin of the call.
6. Evacuate the building upon instruction from properly identified emergency personnel.